Division of Electrotechnology
and Materials Science
M. Sklodowskiej-Curie 55/61
50-369 Wroclaw, POLAND
phone (+48) 71 328 30 61
fax. (+48) 71 328 25 51
Laboratory of Structure Investigations
Associate Professor Witold Mielcarek D.Sc.,Ph.D.
Krystyna Prociow M.Sc.X-ray examinations:
Images of material microstructures:
- X-ray diffraction XRD quality and quantity analysis,
- High temperature X-ray diffraction studies of material polymorphism,
- XRD crystallite shape and sizes analyzes,
- Scanning microscopy SEM examinations of microstructure (composition and distribution of elements)
Fire hazard and flammability accredited testing:
- optical (magnification 1,000X)
- scanning (magnification 10,000X)
- Fire hazard testing:glow-wire test, needle-flame test,
- The oxygen index flammability test,
- Test for resistance to vertical flame propagation for a single insulated conductor or cable.
- Diffusion flame Methods of test for determination of solid electrical insulating materials when expose to an igniting source,
- Fire hazard testing 1 kW nominal pre-mixed test flame.
conducts X-ray diffraction XRD and scanning microscopy SEM analyses.
Due to it, Laboratory is able to offer the technical support
to manufacturers of both polycrystalline materials (metals,
ceramics, composites) and products based on these materials
(special ceramics, metal alloys, nanocomposites). Laboratory
investigations in material structure are useful tool in
providing information about service condition impact
on product function or malfunction They enable the merit considerations
on material/material formulation.
Besides Laboratory is involved in fire hazard and flammability testing.Main apparatuses:
- X-ray diffractometer DRON2 with high temperature attachment,
- Scanning microscope Joel JXA 5A(magnification 10,000X),
- Optical microscope (magnification 1,000X),
- High pulse voltage energy generator (2kV/ 200A).
electrolyte ionic conductivity modification for application in NOx
electrochemical sensor” Supported by KBN under grant No 8 T10A 027 15,
- „Bismuth oxide ionic conductivity modification for use in varistots” Supported by KBN under grant No 8 T10A 042 20,
- "Solid electrolyte ionic conductivity modification for application in fuel cells" Research work of Institute No500-2860-26,
- "Varistor technology modification with BaBiO3" Research work of Institute No 500-6840/26,
- "BaBiO3 modified varistors for applications in multistage protection" Research work of Institute No 500-6840/26,
- FP6 EoI A new approach to varistor technology,
of ceramics granularity on the basis of the computer method of
microstructure images segmentation” Research work of Institute to
be realized in combination with work of IEL Warsaw entitled “Computer
method of microstructure images segmentation for evaluations of
If you do not block cookies, you consent to use them and store them in the memory of your device.